Ready To Cut CNC Art

The McGregors

sblackburn

Hey there again!
I've been asked to burn something out for my uncle. It's actually for him to give to give to a fellow that helped with his back yard project. I figured I'd come straight to you first, your ideas are pretty bang on. He's looking for a sign that says " The McGregors" . I was wondering if there was any way of placing this in some kind of beach scene, with maybe a setting sun, palm trees, a beach, something along those lines. Not sure if this is possible and I know it would require time that might not be there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hope all is good Gary! Thanks!!

not possible....

mcgregor=.jpg

Attachments

You must be signed in to view attachments...
  • mcgregor=.zip
    703.9 KB
McGregors.jpg

Good Morning Gary!
Wow! Bang on! My phone beeped yesterday after work, saw it was a reply, turned the truck around and back to the shop. Not to my surprise with the program I use, the import was terrible. Knowing your files are smooth and flawless it forced me to figure this program out. After 2 years, I think I finally found the magic combination for this program. Changed a few parameters and bang it imported great!! The picture shows a before and after, The other import fails were even worse, but got it finally! This will blow him away! He asked for a few things and described it to me with his hands what he was thinking and you nailed it! VERY much appreciated!!!! Going to send him the file before I cut it, and I'll be talking to him about the price. It's for my uncle so the cut work is free, but the price I give him will be headed to the conation button. MANY thanks!!! Great work once again! I'll post the finished project as soon as it's done!! Thanks!!

Forgot to mention "Not possible" was all I could read on my phone. After importing I had a good laugh, very possible for you!! Thanks!

in the bottom picture, it looks like kerf compensation was applied before the whole drawing was scaled up - since I'm accustomed to drawing around 8" across - it needs to be scaled up first and then kerf compensation should be applied

if your program applies kerf compensation automatically on import then that is what's wrong - it should allow you to import, then adjust the size and do any customization - and then apply kerf compensation as the very last step

if your cutting software does not allow scaling before kerf compensation - then you'd want to scale it beforehand in a CAD program like draftsight - where it must be scaled proportionally in order to preserve the arcs - then it depends on which DXF version is used - and on which software is used - because different software does different things with different DXF versions - at that point there is no single or certain combination of choices that works for everyone every time

No worries, when I saw not possible I though maybe it was a tricky job, but then I got to a computer and saw it and was blown away! Many thanks!! Great job!

Would there be any chance in using this same design as above except changing the wording to say happy days?

I am after a DXF file if at all possible.

Back
Top Bottom